VinoShipper is a rapidly growing e-commerce platform for the wine industry. We make it easy for even the smallest independent producers to sell their products direct to consumer in full compliance with all state and local regulatory requirements.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager / Analyst to help define the next generation of our product. We know the features we want to build, we have the development team to deliver them, we are looking for someone to join the team who loves digging into nitty gritty details and writing.
We are a small team and everyone wears a couple of hats. Your job will be primarily product analysis with a little bit of project management. Our product/development team is friendly, experienced, and adaptable; great ideas can and do come from anyone on the team. Your role will be to expose unanswered questions, relentlessly hunt down the solutions, and make sure the decisions and priorities are documented.
Our processes are evolving as our team grows and you will be an important part of shaping the next evolution. At any given time we will be working on several small improvements and one or two major initiatives, deploying to production multiple times a day. We are looking for someone comfortable working in very fast iterations with a minimum amount of ceremony. Priorities can and will shift as new business opportunities arise.
Our focus is on building the simplest solution for our users, shipping quickly, and adapting based on feedback. You will not be required to develop detailed up-front estimates or maintain a release schedule. Instead your role will be to focus the team's efforts and continuously winnow the list of things we could do to the things we agree we must do to ship a quality product.
This position will be full-time remote. Our team was already distributed pre-covid, and we do not intend to centralize in the future. The only location requirement is to be able to attend our daily sync-up meeting at 10:30am Pacific, and be generally available for ad-hoc discussions between 10am - 4pm Pacific Time M-F.
- Understanding our product and its capabilities
- Maintaining a prioritized backlog of tasks
- Working with users to clarify and document their specific needs
- Writing documentation for internal and external users
- Loves writing
- Loves organizing, sorting, and prioritizing
- Experience planning and delivering software
- Comfortable analyzing data in Excel or similar
- 3+ years experience in software development, project management, or product analysis
- Experience developing software for POS systems, E-commerce, Logistics, or Warehouse management
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Comfortable reading technical documentation
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ad Manager or Ad Words
- Experience working in a startup or consulting environment
- $125,000 - $155,000 depending on experience
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan