Job Title: Technical Manager
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5+ Years
Reports to: Sr. Operations Project Manager
At netamorphosis, we get excited by new technology, innovative communication styles and finding new ways to captivate ever-evolving audiences. We believe in the power of the group. An empowered, trusted, open team format works better than a siloed hierarchal organization. In true start-up fashion, we work hard, strive for balance and prioritize healthy living all while hustling to deliver cutting edge digital technology to emerging brands.
Our Technical Manager will guide all phases of the system development and implementation process including: developer management, testing and ongoing support of our client digital platforms. You will oversee overarching development product roadmaps across multiple brands and sites, work closely with our project managers to make updates and additions to our client products to drive their overall business performance. You will be the liaison between our external development teams, internal design and product teams and our clients, so you have the technical expertise to architect solutions in addition to the communication skills to explain them and your process to a non-technical audience. You should not be afraid to get your hands dirty when needed, so familiarity with web infrastructure and development are a plus. You lead by example and can show how it’s done, setting and evolving development policies and standards as technology evolves. You are a strategic product owner, a team player and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. You’ll be a proactive thinker, collaborative problem solver, as well as, an engaging client and team builder.
- Ownership of our development product roadmaps and release schedule of all data and development initiatives
- Manage multiple development projects simultaneously including timeline, project scope and resource management
- Client management, communication around technical system decisions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Coordination between project manager, clients and developers on how technical decisions impact project management timelines and business goals
- Build and manage platform and development requirements documentation for each project
- Work closely with developers to understand and overcome technical challenges for platform features/enhancements
- Work with multiple platform development teams both locally and internationally, ensuring they architect solutions for scale, complexity, security and fault tolerance
- Help develop a development partner model that includes vendor selection, vendor management and continually growing our developer and technical partner network
- Complete management of the UAT process, including test plan creation, testing and verification
- Collaborate with our internal design team to understand current platform functionality and provide best practice guidance for development updates
- Advise tech stack exploration and consulting for both internal and client platforms development, keeping in-stride with industry developments that will inform the platform choices, development methods, tech architecture, etc.
- At least 4-5+ years experience in development platform management
- An eager communicator with a sense of humor, comfortable with client work
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, engineering or business management
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize/multi-task – demonstrated capabilities regarding written communications, calendar and spreadsheet creation/management
- Technical competence to perform data analytics and have utilized web analytics for marketing budget optimizations
- Experience with planning, building and executing UAT
- Experience with developer management, development cycle and industry standard launch protocol
- Strong experience with software design patterns and system architecture strategies
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally. Know how to be the communication bridge between client services and technology teams, with ability to communicate technical decision points with non-technical audiences
- Coding skills or understanding coding a plus for development leadership
- Experience managing &/or mentoring web development professionals (informally or formally) a plus
- Ability and preferably a general affinity for learning new technologies
- Exposure and experience with more than one of the following tools and channels to paid digital advertising platforms including: Google (Ad Words), YouTube, Facebook, native GDN, other 3rd Party platforms, SEO, Email Marketing Software, WordPress, Moz, SEMRush, Google Search Console, GT Matrix
- Must have experience/familiarity with CMS management, especially WordPress, Shopify, etc.; experience building projects with a CMS from scratch a plus
- Experience with AWS and other hosting platform(s) best practice and knowledge of overarching database management strategies
- Solid experience in all Microsoft Office programs, as well as Keynote and Dropbox or similar file management systems
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, or other 3rd Party CRM’s vital from an end-to-end customer value perspective
- Familiarity with Git versioning best practices a plus for developer coordination
Adaptability, Development, Coding, Project Management, Product Management, Platform Management, Budget & Resource Management, Product Roadmaps, Developer Management, System Development, UAT, Requirements Building, C-Suite client communication, Presentation Skills, Salesforce, Dropbox.
Include a PDF of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Interviews will be conducted by PHONE and ZOOM.
- Paid earned vacation in year 1
- Medical, dental + vision plans
- 401K employee match
- Short-term disability
- Company-wide bonding virtual events