We are a bootstrapped and dedicated start-up company in the field of communication and technology. Our goal is to enrich the world with emotional connection. To achieve our goal, we value a dynamic, sworn-in and enriching work atmosphere as much as spot-on product development. Through years of experience in the automotive, ICT, finance and transportation industry, we are providing our clients with seamless customer journeys and curated content.
You believe in next gen software development through low code applications and are equally happy to code your way through everything we haven't automated yet? Come join us on our exceptional journey.
As a Software Engineer, you are responsible for solving problems with software technology in collaboration with a cross-functional and international two-pizza team.
Specifically (and not limited to), you will help us build, operate, maintain and customise our cloud SaaS applications in the field of mobile wallet, automation, and machine learning:
- Writing code in some or all of our stack, which is currently Postgres, Golang, React
- Solving problems by applying no-code / low-code technology is part of the job. You should love to code and reducing the amount of code makes you write better thus more valuable code
- Build, extend, and document systems in an ISO 27001 and GDPR-compliant context as our clients -are mostly in the finance and insurance industry in the EU
- Build new features in a fast and simple way to help the team validate ideas and find / improve product-market-fit
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, including specification, planning, operation, maintenance, data analysis
Let's check how our vision and ways of working match yours:
- You are curious to understand problems and eager to find simple solutions.
- You believe in modern, lean software development and constantly seek for ways to optimise, streamline and scale through low code solutions.
- You work independently and play well in teams.
- You are able to figure out what should be done and get it done, which requires thoughtfulness with a bias towards taking action and assuming responsibility.
- You are ambitious, knowing that only working hard and smart will make you reach your goals.
- You care deeply about the product, understanding the trade-offs between quality, performance, and time to ship.
Moreover, we will be looking into the following skill set:
- Competent engineering and coding within and throughout our tech stack
- Full professional proficiency in English, including documenting and discussing complex technical and business matters
- At least intermediate (B2.2) level in German. Fluency in German and/or Vietnamese is considered a big plus.
- Clear and precise written communication, allowing you to transfer knowledge with documents and diagrams
- Ability to analyse problems and solutions in a broader context (i.e. business needs) than technical expertise
- You will join a deliberately small team of extraordinary people from all over the world with great ambition, exceptional endurance and creativity.
- You will work directly with our CTO and push our product driven development forward.
- You will engage in outstanding innovation projects with renowned and exciting clients.
- You will find us connecting business and technology when and wherever possible. You are not going to find insular thinking or be in an outsourced tech department.
- You will never get bored thanks to varied work with ownership and many opportunities for collaboration.
- Your professional development will benefit from fast pace, constant learning and start up dynamics.
- You will find yourself in a beautiful, spacious and creative Berlin office which we lovingly take care of.
Our core values:
- Strive for personal growth
- Be humble, be confident, be awesome
- Enable each other with trust and an open mind
- Elaborate innovative and simple solutions
- Take ownership, think ahead, stay alert
- We have grit!
We are looking forward to your application! Please include salary expectations and your earliest possible start date in Berlin and let us know in brief why this role is perfect for you. We want to know about you and don't need a long, formal letter.