We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
About Canada Life’s Digital Hub
Canada Life’s Digital Hub is a team driven by customer needs. We provide expertise and strategic thought leadership that’s fueling Canada Life’s customer experiences.
Our team of experts in design, technology, product and agile work collaboratively with our business partners, creating digital tools that improve our customers’ lives. Come join an organization committed to delivering innovative, digital experiences.
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, or Winnipeg
As a Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com platform with 4000+ users. You will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the platform, working closely with leaders, business units, and subject matter experts to identify, configure, and deploy new business processes. This includes, but is not limited to: sales, support, marketing and corporate.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will also have a deep understanding and grasp for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our platform.
What you’ll do
- Deliver configurations based on specifications to meet product requirements
- Collaborate with our architects and analysts to configure and integrate components and third-party products, tools and solutions with the platform
- Identify and recommend solutions for application defects, determining root causes and minimizing the introduction of new defects
- Perform unit testing, code and configuration management activities, system development and providing guidance to team members
- Perform analysis, design, configuration, and implementation support for our platform
- Troubleshoot platform issues and drive exploration of options, recommending solutions and / or preparing discussion for escalation
- Study and implement new Salesforce features and capabilities in support of evolving business needs
- Identify and incorporate new user flows within the platform to optimize functionality
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce.com developer
- 3-5 years technical Salesforce experience building solutions using Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud
- Experience in Apex Code, triggers, custom object development, SFDC APIs, Web services, Force.com, Lightning Web Component development
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications preferred
- Platform Developer 1 certification preferred
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
Who you are
- Excellent Salesforce knowledge and a positive attitude/customer focused
- Keeps up to date with platform best practices, processes, and configuration patterns
- Supports proactive identification risk and issues
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources & reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirement on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted