AbleDocs is a leading global software and service company with the aim of making an inclusive information society possible: every content provider should be able to provide documents in a barrier-free form. Through a combination of human and software processes, AbleDocs makes it easy for companies and non-profits to find information that is inaccessible to all - and to make it accessible!
AbleDocs is also growing rapidly! From a Startup of 8 outside of Toronto at the beginning of 2019 to becoming a remote-first company of more than 100 people spread across North America and Europe in less than 3 years, AbleDocs has expanded and continues our rapid expansion. We are putting a focus on software solutions for automating document accessibility, and that's where you can help!
Come join a welcoming culture of teamwork, growth, success, and advancement. We take care of our team and love to see them grow and evolve as professionals. Our team is passionate about document accessibility! This passion is reflected in our products and services while allowing us to deliver a profound impact on the lives of people with disabilities. In turn, we gain an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and fulfillment that our work is positively impacting the lives of others. Every month we create millions of documents or, our customers create them themselves with the help of our software solutions. The spectrum of customers ranges from design agencies to Fortune 100 companies to government agencies all over the world, just to name a few.
As a full stack .Net developer (m / f / d) you will work together with our VP Technology (in Germany
and / or Switzerland) and strengthen our software engineering team. With you we want to take our applications to the next level. You are best suited to us if you are a team player with an eye for detail, solve problems in a structured manner, are an absolute .NET crack and already have professional experience working with Azure frameworks.
Your day-to-day business:
- You develop our innovative applications further
- You help to make our core technologies even better
- You develop new applications using the latest technologies and agile approaches
- You design software architectures and interfaces and create specifications
- You create sustainable software components and flexible microservices (REST)
- You design and build cloud architectures as well as databases
- You create the associated documentation
- You inspire our customers with precise and friendly third level support
- You will help us to further optimize our development process and consistently implement both continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- You include test automation (unit, integration, end-to-end tests) in the development process as a matter of course
- You work together with other development teams on an international level
- You do not lose sight of the user experience across all project phases
Our technology stack:
- .NET and .NET Core
- Microsoft Azure
- MS SQL
- Visual Studio, GitHub, Azure DevOps
- JIRA, Confluence
What you bring:
- Completed degree (university) in the field of IT
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software engineering
- The following technologies and methods are your absolute core competencies:
- .NET and .NET Core
- Microsoft Azure
- Visual Studio, Git
- Software design patterns
- You are an expert in designing and creating relational databases with MS SQL Server
- You are familiar with CI / CD (Azure DevOps)
- You are familiar with working with the project management and documentation tools Jira and Confluence
- You can moderate technical discussions as well as decision-making discussions. It will be easy for you to convey IT topics to both experts and laypeople.
- You speak German and English fluently
- You contribute to transparent and appreciative communication, to our typical AbleDocs team spirit and to a collegial exchange of knowledge
- You are capable of learning and want to stay up to date with the latest technologies
- From time to time you like to travel to meet your teams or to support our customers on site
What we offer you:
- The challenge of solving diverse and demanding tasks in a team
- A well-structured and supervised induction period through our internal ADAcademy
- We value a high degree of exchange of experiences with colleagues, flat hierarchies, and mutual respect
- Attractive, performance-related remuneration and opportunities for advancement in a growing team
- Flexible working hours and freedom for independent, self-reliant work
- Additional health benefits, bonuses, and participation in our profit-sharing program
- A flexible home or remote office activity with regular in-person days with your team.
- We are a global community of digital accessibility enthusiasts and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. That is why AbleDocs supports you when you want to write blog posts and articles, organize meetups or speak at conferences.
This is how you apply:
That sounds like you? Then send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A few personal words would be nice too. We look forward to meeting you!